Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful............

Our Thanksgiving weekend is coming to an end. We had three Thanksgiving dinners this year and my pant size has increased! Today, we celebrated Thanksgiving with my grandparents who have had a pretty tough year. My grandma was diagnosed with Alzheimers and had to move to a nursing home and my grandpa had to adjust to living alone in a little apartment. They have been married for 68 years! 68 YEARS!!! I thought Nick and I were doing good at 11 years. It's been really tough on both of them. My grandpa visits her everyday, sometimes twice a day. Some days are good and some are bad. Occasionally on Grandpa's daily visit, she'll be angry with him because she thinks he hasn't been in to see her for days. That's really hard on him. My grandpa and grandma have seen a lot in their long life, but they have always stood firm in their faith. I know my grandpa's faith is what gets him through each day. He knows that someday he will meet God in Heaven and his wife will be right next to him with no alzheimers! I am so thankful to God to have them in my life and I am so thankful for the example they have set for me in my faith and my marriage!

No comments: