Thursday, December 4, 2008

Back By Popular Demand

Ok, so here we are......this is for you dad.....I think you're the only one who reads it. I'm not quite sure what to write about. I guess I could start with Bay's latest episode. Tuesday, she stepped on a piece of glass. She immediately started to cry, so I scooped her up expecting to pull out a tiny piece of glass. As I flipped her around on my lap, I noticed my pants were covered in blood.....oh! This is worse than I thought.....I took a quick look and thought it looked pretty bad. Fortunately, Luke was here and I asked him to take a look.....he agreed with me. In the meantime, Bailey was screaming for a band aid......I called the doctor and talked to a nurse. She asked me if it was open and gaping.....I said it was. She suggested I take her to the emergency room. I was a little frustrated with that. $150 copay compared to a $20 copay at the doctor's office, but what do you do? I called Nick and asked him to come home and take a look so I didn't take her in for no reason. Now, this really didn't take as long as it seems....Bailey calmed down and let me hold a washcloth on her foot. The bleeding did stop. When Nick got home, he agreed with me and Luke, so we were off.....we're 1/4 mile from Children's Hospital which is very convenient. Anyway, after a much shorter wait than our last visit to the ER....they agreed it was "gaping" but informed us they don't do stitches on the bottom of feet, so they would be putting butterfly strips on it. They also did an x-ray to be sure there was no glass left which there was not. Bay was a complete trooper! She didn't cry once.....she did wince every now and then and told the doctor "I don't like that." The nurse and doctor both were so surprised at how tough she was! After the hospital, we had to run to Wal-Mart to get new clean cotton socks (Dr's orders) for Bay to wear.....as we were walking in Bay said, "I was good today" Nick said "yes you were very good" Bay replied, "I want a donut" Can you believe it? She knows how to get what she wants! We figured she deserved it after the trauma.......So, lesson learned-Mom needs to double check the carpet when she breaks a candle! Sorry Bailey.......I did take pictures, but don't know how to get them off of my phone......they're pretty gross, so maybe that's a good thing!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Oh No! Poor Bailey.