Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Love Me Some Dollar Tree


"Works For Me Wednesday" is a themed edition today.....do it yourself gift ideas...head on over and check it out. This is only my second time contributing, however, I don't have any homemade gift ideas, but I'm offering a gift tradition that involves Dollar Tree. I L-O-V-E Dollar Tree. Why? Because everything's a dollar silly! One of our family traditions is to take the kids Christmas shopping there. They each get to pick out a gift for each member of the family. They can get anything in the entire store, obviously it's only $1. It gives them such a huge choice and they get to put a lot of thoughtfulness into their decision without any limitations. It has been a great tradition. You never know what you're going to get. I have received gum, toy trucks, little figurines and stuffed animals......it's priceless to see the look on your child's face when you open your $1 gift because they got to pick it out themselves!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! We did that last year with the boys too. They loved it!

Holly said...

We love Dollar Tree, too! I have often taken the kids there to shop for gifts!