Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Better Late Then Never!

Ok, Here is a little update on the Shepherd's spectacular and amazing lives.....................I know you can hardly stand the anticipation........

Thursday, Aunt Barb was watching the kids, she called to tell me Bailey had a temperature of 103 degrees......whoa! I rushed to her rescue and took her home......poor baby, she was really sick for 2 whole days.......neither of us got any sleep. She would wake up every hour on the hour and yell for me (I was on the other couch) she would say, "mommy, I need you, come put your head on my pillow." It was heartbreaking........Finally at 4:30am Saturday morning, she busted open our bedroom door and yelled "I not sick anymore!" It was so cute, she was very happy to be healthy again......so hopefully, this family is past that......NO MORE SICKNESS!
This weekend was too HOT to do anything! We tried to stay in doors as much as possible. Mom and dad came up for a visit Saturday. Dad didn't stay long because he could barely keep his eyes open (he worked all night) He drove his truck home. He'd let us borrow it to haul away tree limbs and get sand for our patio.......at first I was a little intimidated to drive that sucker.....it had been a long time since I'd driven a stick shift, but it didn't take me long to get back into the swing of things! I loved it......it felt like home.......
Uncle Bill called to let us know he and Aunt Holly were in town.....not for good reason, Uncle Bill's sister had a heart attack and they were in town visiting her.....mom and I got to visit with them for a little bit which was nice......we met them at NFM for drinks at Burger King......they thought that was funny......
Sunday, we took the kids to play putt putt golf......Bailey was so cute, she would just pick up her ball and go drop it in the hole.....Chloe, of course was very competitive and Ethan was just wondering if playing putt putt would build up his muscles.....(he wants to be a superhero when he grows up) It was nice family time for us......although, we went to Family Fun Center, we had a free coupon that the kids got for reading so many books in the summer reading program, anyway......I felt like we all needed tetnus shots after leaving that place.....it was pretty grimey.....our feet pretty much stuck to the floor with each step.....a little updating may be called for at that place.....oh well, it was free....can't complain too much....

The kids and I are trying to fit in as much as possible (fun-wise) before school starts! Chloe wants to go bowling, Ethan wants to do a craft (he loves to make superheroes out of toilet paper rolls). Chloe, her BFF, Blythe and I did catch a movie today.....American Girl, it was very cute.....that was on our summer to do list......just one more week and then they are off! I can't believe it!
I also had bible study Monday night......which is always a much needed time for me.....I love hanging out with my friends and discussing our relationships with Christ. We are doing a book, well, workbook, called Spiritual Intimacy.....it's written by some Women of Faith Woman.....it's going very well.......My great friend, Andrea has also joined Kim, Juli and I......I'm looking forward to diving in deeper and getting some spiritual intimacy with the One and Only!
Also, Soon To Be Aunt Sara brought Ethan a little surprise the other day........HIS TUXEDO for the wedding......I should make you all wait to see him in it on the big day, but I can't wait! He looks absolutely handsome........to die for..........He has just under a year until the big day, so I hope he doesn't have a growth spurt........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the tux....